Do you love teaching? Do you want the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of students that learn differently? As a key team member of our education team, you’ll deepen our students’ academic understanding of core subjects including reading and writing.
Our classroom instructors are mission-focused and dedicated to helping students with learning differences develop knowledge in the subject areas they teach. Each day they deliver engaging and motivating lessons that utilize multi-sensory methods rooted in Orton Gillingham methods. Their creative and compassionate teaching approaches create a path for academic success and develop strong social skills with a spiritual foundation that enables them to achieve their goals and realize their potential.
Classroom Instructor Job Responsibilities:
- Provide interactive and meaningful learning materials to students while maintaining a positive learning environment that promotes active learning and participation of all students
- Utilize rubrics, formative and summative assessments to track students goals and progress in our Student Information System
- Design lessons based on established curriculum and intervention strategies that challenge the learning ability of students and promotes the overall development of knowledge and skills
- Work alongside the school’s Division Heads, Head of Academics, and the Head of Academic Services and Counseling to review and implement each student’s Trinity Individualized Plan
- Follow and adapt lessons for each student based on their Trinity Individualized Plan, by providing approved accommodations and modifications to lesson plans
- Communicate proactively with parents and all internal stakeholders
Classroom Instructor Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Current State of Oklahoma Teaching Certificate
- Special Education Certification, Reading Therapy, and/or Math Intervention preferred
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Willingness to deliver classroom instruction using multiple technological modalities which may include Smartboards, iPads, Jamboards, Front Row systems, and other systems as required
- Ability to use Classroom Management tools including Google Suite, Google Classroom, Student Information Systems, and other technology as needed.